Friday 31 August 2012

Rug Up My Summer Dress

Hi everybody! I don't know about you but I am counting down the days until I can feel the gentle warmth of the Summer sun. I am so bored of my winter wardrobe and am eager to shed the layers and jump into my summer dresses. Being the terribly impatient girl that I am, I thought I'd share with you how to rug up a summer dress. The easiest way to do this is to throw a pair of boots over stockings or thick socks, add a blazer or a coat and finish up with some winter accessories such as a scarf or hat.

Melburnians have been lucky enough to experience some warmer weather and when I say 'warmer' I mean not pouring with rain and howling winds. I photographed my below look on a mild winters day. The sun was shining but there was still a slight chill in the air. It was the perfect temperature to rug up a summer dress.  I teamed my new oasap.com dress (here) with brown stockings, ankle boots and a floppy felt hat. I accessorised with my vintage bag, spike necklace and bracelet. I feel like I could be on an episode of  the television show 'The Farmer Wants A Wife' in this outfit. 

I have styled some 'Rug up my summer dress' looks for you below. Why wait for Spring, let's move the new season closer by layering over our summer dresses.








17 comments:

  1. Aw I bet you can not wait for your summer weather, I wish here in the UK had had a better summer then we did. Anyway sweetie I love your outfit and how you have incorporated a summer dress into your winter wardrobe, it looks beautiful the way you have styled it! I also adore the looks you have put together :)

    Take care, Daniella xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. that orange dress is so pretty! I love how it looks with your necklace too! :) xx
    http://thefrillseekers.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are just awesome !!!
    I love the way you have accentuate the dress with all these details
    Great boho chic look dear
    It would be great to feature you
    let me know
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow you look so pretty,
    perfect summer style,

    following you on bloglovin now
    hope we can follow each other

    callmeponyboy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh you look really sweet. You know?, I don't see much of orange lately and seeing here it reminds me how adorable the color is.
    xx,
    * STYLE ID NET *
    * Filomenas Closet *

    ReplyDelete
  6. The things that i love? Your cap, your dress...but more than all, your amazing smile :)
    Do you want follow each other?
    Kisses, Den.

    http://thebsheep.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow..very beautiful dress:)..you look amazing:) Love your smile:)

    EDGYMIX-TRAVEL FOR FASHION

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely dress! It looks perfect on you :)

    Stop by sometime, Natalie xo
    lavagabonddame.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just as summer is coming to you we are about to get ready to dress warmly.
    Looking forward to seeing your summer unfold. This is a wonderful way to start. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post : )

    Love this look and will remember it for my own inspiration !

    And you hat is simply adorable !! :)

    Thank you so much for your comment !!

    I hope to see you back again just to chat ;)

    p.s Do you want a Snake Wrap Earring ? Come join my giveaway too :)

    Love,

    Janice

    the-fashion-milkshake.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look simply stunning, I love the edgy jewellery details you added!

    x fashiondistraction.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. its hot here in kuwait, we still wear our summer clothes and i actually cant wait for winter because i miss the cold breeze!
    gorgeous dress btw

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look gorgeous as usual! I adore the dress and with the hat, the look is perfectly romantic! -Jessica

    THEJESSICALBLOG.COM

    ReplyDelete
  14. love your necklace !!!! <3 u are so beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely dress!
    Thank yoy for the lovely comment on my blog!X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your dress!
    Your blog is great too, going back to check out past posts now!
    Would you like to follow each other on GFC??

    Kendra
    xx

    www.stoleninspiration.com

    Ohhh by the way we have a great giveaway on at the moment!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for viewing Dusty Petals blog. I'd love to hear any feedback you have. xox